With the help of these images and this room inspiration, our home office has taken on the look and feel I was hoping for. Now, the workspace that Alex and I share is both functional and comfortable. Here are some more shots and, also, tips on creating or renovating your very own home office.
9 tips for creating an organized home office space with a personal touch:
1. Layer your lighting between task lamps and ceiling fixtures.
2. Find the right chair/s for both comfort and style.
3. Thread computer wires through drilled holes in your desk tops.
4. Use trays, folders and/or clipboards to store mail and organize paperwork.
5. Always have a plant, big or small, in the space.
6. Surround yourself with images and/or objects that inspire you, but strive to keep the area uncluttered.
7. Place a candle nearby with your favorite scent for a relaxing effect.
8. Do have extra seating for a visiting friend, client or coworker. This could even be a stool that doubles as an additional surface for magazines or books.
9. Ensure your desk is at the ready with pens, pencils, paper, chargers and a glass [or two] of water.