Accessorizing a space adds personality and depth to it. While offering guests the opportunity to learn more about you, it may also remind you of places you've visited and things you love to do. Some vignettes can be layered with multiple items [see above], while others can be minimalistic with a single standout piece that speaks to you. Either way, don't be afraid to display what is meaningful and inspiring to your family in an artful way. Take a look at a few examples of decorative accessorizing and scroll down for some tips on creating your very own:
7 Accessorizing Ideas:
1. Books: Stack your favorites on a table or a shelf. Include children's books for family reading.
2. Metals: Add some metallic to the mix for a bit of shine and sparkle.
3. Plants: Add life to your vignette with a plant or two.
4. Games: Display a box of cards, a small board game or a puzzle on your coffee table to encourage some playtime.
5. Art: Rest a favorite piece against a wall and change it out seasonally or as you see fit.
6. Bowls: Place a favorite glass or ceramic bowl on your coffee table to fill with nuts or candy as needed.
7. Lighting: If the space allows, add an interesting table lamp to illuminate your favorite objects.